Since its release in 2012, Instagram has taken the world by a storm. It has over 500 million total subscribers as of June 2016 (BBC). With such a huge following number, a lot of marketers and major business corporations have taken their marketing strategies to the next level by incorporating Instagram within their current marketing strategies and techniques.
While many of the established businesses have hired Instagram models to showcase their products and services, a lot of other businesses have hired brilliant and smart marketers to help them in shaping their marketing strategies in accordance with the Instagram.
There is no room for doubt that a lot of people are jumping on this bandwagon but once you hear out these following Instagram facts, you would also want to change you current marketing strategies and would try to adopt marketing strategies suitable for Instagram.
- The Instagram community has witnessed a lot of growth in the recent years. It went from 90 million users in 2013 to 400 million users in 2015.
- The increasing popularity of this social media platform has surpassed the numbers of active users of Twitter, Snapchat, and Pinterest that had 310 million, 200 million and 100 million active users as of September 2015.
- The amount of the active adult Instagram users has doubled since Pew Research Center has started tracking the social media platform activities since 2012.
- The most popular social media networking site in the United States is Instagram. Moreover, Instagram will see a growth in its users by 15.1% in the current year. This is amazing considering that world of social media has seen only 3.1% of growth as a whole.
- The eMarketers have predicted that the number of the active users utilizing the Instagram will add 26.9 million users in its existing numbers in the coming four years.
- In 2017, 14.0% of the Facebook’s global mobile ad revenue will come directly from Instagram. The US mobile ad revenue will grow by 28.0% from 20.1%!
- Facebook, still, might be the king of the social media networking sites, but Instagram has safely secured the second place with Snapchat as the most used messaging app with 47% of people preferring to utilize Instagram and Snapchat for all their communications.
- The total number of teenagers preferring to use Instagram is 52%.
- According to a recently conducted social media study, it was revealed that only 43% of the major corporations engaged with their consumers, despite the 237% of Instagram’s average growth rate.
- Despite Instagram’s popularity among the teens and the adults alike, it was revealed that the Instagram was the least preferred social network among many retailers. Their adoption of this social media network ranges from 26% to 32% only.
- The only major industry that has increased their adoption rates of this social media platform by 84% is the apparel industry.
- According to another study in 2015, it was revealed that 31% of the B2C marketers consider Instagram to be a very important social networking platform while 27% considered it less important. On the other hand, the B2B marketers consider Instagram to be very important while 58% of the other marketers consider it to be of extremely less importance.
- The images that have the color blue as its dominant color is proven to generate 24% more likes than images that have some other dominant colors.
- The images posted on Instagram that has a high ratio of negative space are known to generate 29% more likes than those photos that have a very minimal negative space.
- When Instagram launched its fifteen seconds video feature in June 2013, more than 6 million videos were shared on the first day.
- Despite the popularity of the videos on Instagram among the major brands, the photos are still known to generate more interest in the consumers and the followers than the average videos.
- 41% of the Android users who are based in the US have installed Instagram and have been using it on the daily basis ever since.
- Instagram users have been reported to share around 70 million photos every day! Previously the number of the photos shared on a daily basis was around 30 million.
- According to a recently conducted study, Instagram will bring around $2.81 billion in mobile ad revenues by 2017.
- According to a study by Forrester, the top brands on Instagram are observing 4.21% of engagement rate by every follower.
- On Instagram, the engagement rate from every follower of the brands is 58 times higher than the king of the social media networking site, Facebook. The Instagram’s engagement rate is also 120 times higher than the Twitter.
- Data collected from the Social Media Examiner’s Social Media Marketing Industry Report has shown that 52% of the marketers have plans to increase the incorporation of the Instagram within their brands. Previously, the number of the willing marketers stood at 42% in 2014.
Social Media Examiner’s Report
- According to a statistic, marketers who have dedicated 40+ hours per week to social media networks are 42% more focused on Instagram.
- Products’ images on Instagram beat out all the other lifestyle’s commodities by 60%!
- The amount of engagement on all the Instagram’s post has considerably grown by 416% in the last two years. This means that the chances of the marketers engaging with their consumers are higher on Instagram than any other social media platform except Facebook.
- The posts on Instagram that has included any other user in the caption of the photos generate around 56% more engagement.